Serve with white chocolate truffles and candied ginger.
Bacon Mille Feuille Pastry with Ginger Mouse
- 200 g Eskort Minced Bacon
- 1 roll puff pastry
- ½ cup ginger root, grated
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 12 while chocolate truffles
- ¼ cup candied ginger
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Fry the minced bacon until crispy in a large frying pan over high heat. Remove the fried bacon from the pan and refrigerate to cool.
- Roll out the pastry on a flour dusted surface.
- Spread the bacon over half of the pastry and fold the other half of the pastry over the bacon to cover it.
- Roll out the pastry until thin and place it between two greased oven trays to prevent it from rising and bake for 20 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Squeeze juice from the grated ginger and place in a mixing bowl with the mascarpone, icing sugar and vanilla.
- Whip until stiff.
- Slice the pastry into 2×7 cm fingers and sandwich together with ginger mouse.
Croque Madame with Ham
School lunch for a week on a budget (R100)
BACON, LETTUCE & TOMATO PASTA SALAD
Lettuce Wrapped Burger
Pork Belly & Onion Soup
Enjoy a hearty, comforting meal with the Pork Belly & Onion Soup.
Pork Fillet & Baked Feta Salad
Enjoy a delightful blend of flavours with our Pork Fillet & Baked Feta Salad.