Present as year end gift.
Christmas Spiced Donuts with Brandy Glaze
- Donut Dough:
- 250 ml Eskort Smoked Pork Neck Steaks, diced
- 20 g dry yeast
- 125 ml warm water
- 750 ml flour
- 125 ml castor sugar
- 5 ml salt
- 125 ml butter
- 125 ml buttermilk
- 5 ml vanilla essence
- 5 ml nutmeg
- 5 ml cinnamon
- 5 ml cloves
- 3 eggs
- 65 ml ginger
- 65 ml raisins
- 65 ml glazed cherries
- oil for frying
- Brandy Glaze:
- 500 ml icing sugar
- 65 ml brandy
- 250 ml water
- Royal Icing:
- 1 egg white
- 500 ml icing sugar
- 3 ml vanilla
- In a mixing bowl mix the icing sugar, brandy and water together to form the glaze.
- Royal icing:
- In a large mixing bowl, add egg white, icing sugar and vanilla and mix using an electric mixer until white and thick.
- Add yeast to warm water and set aside to bloom, 5 – 10 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl add the flour, castor sugar and salt.
- Heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat and melt the butter, buttermilk, vanilla and add the nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves. Remove from heat once the butter has melted.
- Combine the yeast water and spiced buttermilk mixture.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour mixture and make a well in the middle of the flour. Break 3 eggs into the well and lightly cover the eggs with flour.
- Grate the ginger and squeeze the juice from it. Add the ginger juice, raisins and glazed cherries to the flour mixture.
- Combine the buttermilk mixture and flour mixture, stirring until a ball of dough starts to form.
- Place the dough on a flour dusted working surface and knead for 10 minutes and shape into 12 equal sized balls.
- Shape each ball into a donut by making a hole in the middle with your thumbs.
- Place the shaped donuts onto oiled baking paper and cover with clingwrap.
- Allow donuts to rest for 10 – 15 minutes in a warm space.
- Deep-fry the donuts until golden and crispy.
- Remove the donuts from the oil and dip them in the brandy glaze.
- Place the donut onto a cooling rack to allow the glaze to partially set.
- Dip the glazed donuts in the royal icing.
Pork Belly & Onion Soup
Enjoy a hearty, comforting meal with the Pork Belly & Onion Soup.
Pork Fillet & Baked Feta Salad
Enjoy a delightful blend of flavours with our Pork Fillet & Baked Feta Salad.
Pork Teriyaki Schnitzels
Bring a twist to your traditional schnitzel with our quick and flavourful Pork Teriyaki Schnitzels.
Spicy Avo & Crispy Bacon Breakfast Bowl
Kickstart your day with our quick and easy Spicy Avo and Crispy Bacon Breakfast Bowl!
Herby Pork Belly Roast
Experience a feast of flavours with our Herby Pork Belly Roast. This recipe uses Eskort Pork Belly, marinated with an aromatic blend of herbs,...
Ham & Cheese Sandwich
Elevate your lunch game with Eskort’s Ham and Cheese Sandwich, a delightful combination of Eskort Sliced Ham, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh...
Bacon, Avo & Feta Bagel
Enjoy Eskort’s Bacon, Avo & Feta Bagel recipe. With Eskort Bacon Spread, fresh avocado, and crumbled feta, this no-cook, 15-minute meal...