- 200g Eskort Rindless Back Bacon
- 2 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- 45ml (3 tbsp) poppy seeds
- 45ml (3 tbsp) nigella seeds
- 65ml cashew nuts
- 250ml (1 cup) sour cream
- 15ml (1 tbsp) red wine vinegar
- 45ml (3 tbsp) berry jam
- 1 large green cabbage, shredded
- Preheat a frying pan over a moderate heat and cook the bacon until the fat is crispy.
- In a separate pan, lightly toast the seeds and cashews and set aside.
- Add sour cream, red wine vinegar and berry jam to a large mixing bowl and combine to form a dressing.
- Add the shredded cabbage to the dressing and mix until the cabbage is well-coated.
Add a portion of the dressed cabbage to a plate and top with crispy bacon.
Serve with the apple slices alongside the cabbage and garnish the dish with toasted seeds and cashews.