- 600g Eskort Bacon Braai Stukkies, sliced into cubes
- 1L (4 cups) cooked polenta
- 250ml (1 cup) milk
- 250ml (1 cup) cheddar cheese, grated
- 60ml (¼ cup) parsley, chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) chives, chopped
- 750ml (3 cups) cherry tomatoes, on the vine
- 45ml (3 tbsp) rosemary, chopped
- 60ml (¼ cup) olive oil
- 5ml (1 tsp) salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- This recipe contains dairy (lactose).
- Milk (lactose): Use coconut milk or rice milk.
- Cheddar Cheese (lactose): Use dairy-free cheddar flavoured cheese.
- Crispy Bacon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place bacon braai stukkies on a greased oven pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Creamy Herb Polenta
- Cook the polenta according to package instructions.
- Once cooked, add milk, cheddar cheese, parsley and chives, and mix well. Remove from the heat.
- Cherry Tomatoes & Fried Eggs
- Pour half the olive oil into a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and sprinkle with rosemary, salt and
- Fry until the tomatoes become tender and start to split, then remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining olive oil and fry the eggs to your preference.
Serve the polenta topped with an egg, crispy bacon and cherry tomatoes.