– Eskort Double Smoked Ham
– 100g mozzarella cheese
– 1 egg
– ½ C flour
– Eskort braai spice
– 1 large tom cut into small cubes
– 1 t vinegar
– 1 t tomato jam
– 3 t mixed fresh herbs chopped
– Oil for deep frying
– Salt and pepper
– ½ C cream cheese
– 1 tin creamed sweet corn
– 1 ½ C self-raising flour
– 1 t salt
– Heat the oil over a moderate heat in a small pot.
– Beat the egg in a small bowl and add the braai spice to a separate bowl with the flour.
– Slice the mozzarella into ½ cm slices.
– Dip the mozzarella into the flour, then the egg and into the flour again.
– Deep fry the cheese until golden, it takes 1 minute.
– Mix the tomato, vinegar, and tomato jam with the herbs in a separate bowl and keep aside.
– Heat your oven to 180°C.
– Combine the sweet corn, salt and flour in a mixing bowl and mix until a smooth batter form.
– Scoop the batter to a greased bread ton and bake for 15-20 min
– Assemble the sarmies by cutting the bread into 1cm slices.
– Spread the slices with the cream cheese and add the tomato relish.
– Add the fired mozzarella and the double smoked ham.
– Wrap the sarmies in wax wrap until you are ready to picnic.