- 200g Eskort Rindless Back Bacon
- 4 croissants, sliced lengthwise
- 3 eggs
- 15ml (1 tbsp) milk
- 5ml salt and pepper
- 5ml chives, chopped
- 4 slices Emmental cheese
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 60ml (½ cup) cream cheese
- 45ml (3 tbsp) apricot jam
- 45ml (3 tbsp) olive oil
- This recipe contains wheat (gluten) and dairy (lactose).
- Croissants (contains gluten): Use gluten-free croissants or gluten-free white bread spread with ghee or coconut oil.
- Milk (contains lactose): Use clarified butter (ghee) or coconut oil.
- Emmental Cheese (contains lactose): Use dairy-free cheese.
- Cream Cheese (contains lactose): Use dairy-free cheese spread.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Arrange the bacon on a baking tray lined with baking paper, and bake for 10 minutes.
- Combine the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and chives in a mixing bowl.
- Dip each croissant (open side only) into the egg mixture.
- In a pan over a moderate heat, fry the croissants in olive oil (open side down) until golden.
- Combine the cream cheese and apricot jam in a small mixing bowl.
Spread the apricot cream cheese onto the croissant halves.
Top four halves with baby spinach, Emmental cheese and crispy bacon.
Close with the other four croissant halves and serve.