- 4 Eskort Chicken Braai Burgers
- 4 burger buns
- butter lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 gherkins, thinly sliced
- 8 slices of processed cheese
- 60 ml (¼ C) mayonnaise
- 60 ml (¼ C) sweet chilli sauce
- 5 ml (1 t) mustard sauce
- 2 large potatoes, cut into chips
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Place the braai burgers on a greased baking tray and top with red onions. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- While the burgers are in the oven, fry the potato chips in a pot of hot oil for 5 minutes then remove chips from oil and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Repeat this twice.
- Add cheese to the chicken burgers in the oven and allow to melt.
- Combine the mayo, sweet chilli sauce and mustard.
- Slice burger buns and lightly toast them.
Spread mayo onto the bun and then assemble by layering the ingredients.
Season chips and serve with the burgers.
Tip: Use extra mayo as a dip for chips