- 500g Eskort Chicken Braai Burgers
- 2 slices low GI bread
- 60ml (¼ cup) cottage cheese
- 1 red pepper
- 5g basil
- 5g chives, chopped
- 5g rocket
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil, for cooking
- Roasted Red Pepper
- Set the oven to 200℃ and roast the red pepper until the skin is charred on all sides.
- Remove from the oven and place in a small plastic bag to sweat.
- After 10 minutes, remove the pepper from the bag and peel the skin off.
- Cut the pepper in half, then remove the seeds and stem.
- Chicken Braai Burgers
- While the red pepper is roasting, heat a frying pan over a moderate heat.
- Add olive oil and fry the braai burgers until golden on both sides.
- Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
Generously spread the cottage cheese on both slices of bread.
Top each slice with a chicken braai burger and half a roasted red pepper.
Garnish with the basil leaves and chopped chives, and drizzle with olive oil to serve.