Pork Belly and Onion Soup, with Liberi Pinotage Wine
- Eskort Pork Belly
- Coarse salt
- 4 red onions, chopped
- 1 C leeks, chopped
- ½ C onion marmalade
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 T thyme finely, chopped
- 2 C Liberi (Pinotage) wine
- ¼ C butter
- 2 T oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 C vegetable stock
- 1 baguette
- 1 C parmesan cheese shavings
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Place the pork belly on a lined baking tray, season the rind with coarse salt and bake for 2 hours.
- Add the red onions, leeks, oil, thyme, garlic and butter to a large pot and season with 1 t of salt.
- Place in the preheated oven for an hour.
- Remove the onions from the oven and place it in a large pot over a moderate heat.
- Add the onion marmalade and wine to the pot and simmer for 20 min.
- Add the cup of vegetable stock and blend the soup with a stick blender until smooth.
- Remove the belly from the oven and pull it with two forks, keeping some of the belly still quite chunky.
- Top the soup with the parmesan cheese and eat with the fresh bread.
Pork Belly & Onion Soup
Enjoy a hearty, comforting meal with the Pork Belly & Onion Soup.
Pork Fillet & Baked Feta Salad
Enjoy a delightful blend of flavours with our Pork Fillet & Baked Feta Salad.
Pork Teriyaki Schnitzels
Bring a twist to your traditional schnitzel with our quick and flavourful Pork Teriyaki Schnitzels.
Spicy Avo & Crispy Bacon Breakfast Bowl
Kickstart your day with our quick and easy Spicy Avo and Crispy Bacon Breakfast Bowl!
Herby Pork Belly Roast
Experience a feast of flavours with our Herby Pork Belly Roast. This recipe uses Eskort Pork Belly, marinated with an aromatic blend of herbs,...
Ham & Cheese Sandwich
Elevate your lunch game with Eskort’s Ham and Cheese Sandwich, a delightful combination of Eskort Sliced Ham, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh...
Bacon, Avo & Feta Bagel
Enjoy Eskort’s Bacon, Avo & Feta Bagel recipe. With Eskort Bacon Spread, fresh avocado, and crumbled feta, this no-cook, 15-minute meal...