1 kg Eskort Smoked Pulled Pork
2 onions, chopped
4 carrots, grated
1 bunch celery, chopped
4 cloves garlic, chopped
45 ml (3 T) thyme, chopped
45 ml (3 T) sage, chopped
45 ml (3 T) rosemary
250 ml (1 C) red wine
410 g (1 tin) tomato puree
410 g (1 tin) chopped tomatoes
410 g (1 tin) whole peeled tomatoes
250 ml (1 C) vegetable stock
60 ml (¼ C) olive oil
coarse salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over moderate heat.
- Add onions, carrots and celery to the pot.
- Season with coarse salt and fry for 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Add garlic and chopped herbs and stir thoroughly.
- Add red wine and the tinned ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add pulled pork, stir through and leave to simmer with the lid on for another 20 minutes.
- Serve with pasta or the variety of accompaniments coming up in this week’s features.