Slice the chops and serve hot with a portion of warm, sliced bread and a side of butter, jam and cheese.
Sweet & Sticky Braai Chops with Fire-Baked Beer Bread
- 1 rack Eskort Loin Chops
- 45 ml (3 T) olive oil
- 45ml (3 T) coarse salt
- 60 ml (¼ C) sweet chilli sauce
- 30 ml (2 T) balsamic vinegar
- 30 ml (2 T) honey
- 5 ml (½ t) chilli flakes
- 5 ml (½ t) cumin ground
- 5 ml (½ t) black pepper
- Beer Bread
- 250 ml (1 C) bread flour
- 250 ml (1 C) cake flour
- 10 ml (2 t) baking powder
- 330 ml (1 can) beer
- Butter, cheese and jam, for serving
- This recipe contains alcohol and wheat (gluten).
- Cake Flour (gluten): Use all purpose gluten-free flour.
- Bread Flour (gluten): Use all purpose gluten-free flour.
- Beer (alcohol): Use alcohol-free beer.
- Start a fire and allow to burn until coals form.
- Sweet & Sticky Braai Chops
- Rub the chop rack with olive oil and season the rind with coarse salt.
- Wrap the rack in two layers of foil and place directly on hot coals, rind side down.
- Allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine sweet chilli sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, chilli flakes, cumin and black pepper to create a marinade.
- Remove the rack from the foil and place on a braai grid over hot coals.
- Braai on the bone for 8 minutes, then turn the rack back onto the rind and glaze with marinade.
- Braai for a further 5 minutes on each side until slightly charred and sticky.
- Fire-Baked Braai Bread
- Add all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until a dough forms.
- Knead until smooth, then place in a greased bread tin.
- Cover with four layers of foil and place between hot coals.
- Place some coals on top of the foil to ensure even heat distribution.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, then remove from the coals.
Pork Belly & Onion Soup
Enjoy a hearty, comforting meal with the Pork Belly & Onion Soup.
Pork Fillet & Baked Feta Salad
Enjoy a delightful blend of flavours with our Pork Fillet & Baked Feta Salad.
Pork Teriyaki Schnitzels
Bring a twist to your traditional schnitzel with our quick and flavourful Pork Teriyaki Schnitzels.
Spicy Avo & Crispy Bacon Breakfast Bowl
Kickstart your day with our quick and easy Spicy Avo and Crispy Bacon Breakfast Bowl!
Herby Pork Belly Roast
Experience a feast of flavours with our Herby Pork Belly Roast. This recipe uses Eskort Pork Belly, marinated with an aromatic blend of herbs,...
Ham & Cheese Sandwich
Elevate your lunch game with Eskort’s Ham and Cheese Sandwich, a delightful combination of Eskort Sliced Ham, sun-dried tomatoes, and fresh...
Bacon, Avo & Feta Bagel
Enjoy Eskort’s Bacon, Avo & Feta Bagel recipe. With Eskort Bacon Spread, fresh avocado, and crumbled feta, this no-cook, 15-minute meal...