If ever there was a hot dog that deserves a huge LOL it’s the Schalk. If your ribs have never been tickled by the Schalk prepare to laugh out loud. When they said, laughter is the best medicine; what they really wanted to say was; the Schalk is the best medicine. Let’s make the Schalk.
- 1 Golden milk hot dog roll – toasted
- 1 Cheese Griller
- 2 thick slices of Mozzarella cheese
- 4 rashers of Streaky bacon
- 1 Onion cut into rings
- Half a cup of Flour
- 2 pinches salt
- Oil for deep frying
- Season the onions with salt and cover them with flour.
- Heat some oil in a pot for deep frying.
- Open the Cheese Griller on the top and stuff with the mozzarella and wrap them with streaky bacon.
- Grill the Cheese Griller in a hot oven or air fryer.
- Shake the excess flour from the onion rings and deep fry them.
- Assemble the hot dog; add the Cheese Griller to the bun and top with the deep-fried onions.
- Tease the onions to give them volume.
- Steam the wool jersey and wrap the hot dog.
- Enjoy with a light glass of good old-fashioned stand-up comedy.
The Schalk, the Real Hot Dog of Mzansi, enjoy it.