- Ingredients cured bacon:
- 200 g Eskort Rindless Streaky Bacon
- 1 cup treacle sugar
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 tbs coarse salt
- ¼ cup gin
- Cinnamon tulle:
- 1 large egg
- 50 g soft butter
- 50 g castor sugar
- 50 g cake flour
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Serving ingredients:
- 1 L dark chocolate ice cream
- ½ cup black sesame seeds
- Micro herbs or edible flowers
- Combine the treacle sugar, chilli, salt and gin in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
- Pour the treacle mixture into a flat tray, lay the bacon rashers on the sugar and press the bacon into the sugar to coat it completely.
- Place something heavy on top of the sugar and bacon and allow to cure for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the bacon from the sugar and wipe off the sugar and dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl until a smooth paste forms.
- Spray the back of a baking tray with cooking spray.
- Place the tulle batter into a piping bag and pipe the batter in tablespoon sized dollops onto the back of the baking tray.
- Flatten the batter by spreading with a spatula and bake in the oven for 8 minutes (the edges will be light brown). Remove immediately and set aside to cool.
Place a large tablespoon of sesame seeds on a plate and place a scoop of chocolate ice-cream on the sesame seeds.
Fold up two rashers of bacon and place them next to the ice cream.
Balance a tulle biscuit between the ice-cream and bacon.
Garnish with micro leaves or edible flowers.