Add a simple salad for a full feasting spread and enjoy it while you’ve got the power!
Herby Pork Belly Roast
- 1 x Eskort Pork Belly
- ½ Red Onion
- 350g Baby Potatoes
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- ½ cup of Fresh Parsley tightly packed
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- ½ a Lemon
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Origanum
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Tin foil
- Preheat the oven to 220C.
- Mix the dried herbs & spices together in a small bowl with a heavy sprinkling of salt.
- Place the pork belly fat-side down on a board and rub the herbs with some olive oil on the underside.
- Turn the pork belly around and place on a sheet of tin foil. Fold and wrap the foil around the belly, pinching the corners closed so that there is some space between the top of the fat and the foil for steam to collect.
- Place in an tray large enough that you can also spread the baby potatoes around the pork belly later. Oven bake for 1.5 hours with the foil on.
- After 90 minutes, open up the the foil until the entire fat side of the pork belly is exposed and spread the baby potatoes around the pork, drizzling with olive oil and some salt & pepper. Return to the oven and bake for a further hour on 220°C until the crackling is crisp and the potatoes are golden.
- While the belly is in the oven for the second time, smash the garlic into a paste or fine dice. Dice the red onion and fine chop the parsley. Add the onion, garlic and parsley to a small bowl with the honey, juice of lemon and about 4 TBSP of olive oil before tossing together. Add some salt and more fresh parsley if you like.
- Remove the pork belly from the oven when it is golden and crisp on the top. Serve with your parsley gremolata and roast potatoes.
Croque Madame with Ham
School lunch for a week on a budget (R100)
BACON, LETTUCE & TOMATO PASTA SALAD
Lettuce Wrapped Burger
Pork Belly & Onion Soup
Enjoy a hearty, comforting meal with the Pork Belly & Onion Soup.
Pork Fillet & Baked Feta Salad
Enjoy a delightful blend of flavours with our Pork Fillet & Baked Feta Salad.