- 1 kg Pork Trotters
- 2 large onions, quartered (keep the skin on)
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 750 ml (3 C) leeks, chopped
- 1 bay leave
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 L cold water
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place all the ingredients (except the water) on an oven tray and roast for 20 minutes.
- Add the roasted trotters and vegetables to a large pot and add water. Simmer for 40 minutes.
- Clear the broth from all the solids.
Keep in the fridge in an airtight container for no longer than 5 days.
Broth can be frozen for 2 to 3 months.