- Eskort Chicken and Cheese Viennas (500g Pack)
- 1 Egg
- Puff pastry
- 1 Cup of flour
- 1 Cup grated Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Add the Vienna to the water for 4 min, take it out and leave aside to cool.
- Flour a clean surface and using a rolling pin, Roll out your puff pastry to 2cm thickness.
- Measure out the cutting lines with the length of the Vienna by putting the Vienna on the pastry and with a knife cut it by leaving 2cm on each end of the Vienna, and 4cm on each side of the Vienna so that it folds over.
- Sprinkle cheese on either side of the Vienna.
- Fold the pastry over the Vienna and press the sides together with your fingers to envelope the sausage.
- With a fork press all the sides down making a ribbed effect.
- With the same fork, beat the egg.
- Slice the log into sausage roll sized portions and brush with the egg wash.
- Place on a baking tray and bake till pastry is cooked through and golden brown on top.
- Enjoy with any dip of choice or plain.
Serve with fillings of your choice.